If you cannot attend a workshop as planned, you may receive a GIS-EC credit towards a future workshop. Credits may be applied toward the cost of any future GIS Education Center workshop within one year from date of issue.
- 100% Refund (minus $5 processing fee): Cancelling your registration fee (or notifying us of your intent to cancel) must be done before 5:00 pm at least four business days prior to the class start date. For example if a workshop begins next Wednesday then the GISEC must receive a cancel notification from the student by 5pm the prior Thursday as that is the fourth day before the start of class (Thu, Fri, Mon, Tue). A full refund will be issued minus a $5 processing fee.
- 50% Refund (minus $5 processing fee): Cancelling your registration fee (or notifying us of your intent to cancel) after the four-day deadline but before the day of the workshop (before 12am day of workshop) will result in a 50% refund.
- 0% Refund: No refund is available when a registrant receives access to proprietary software files, software authorization codes, GIS-EC workshop content (lectures, labs, exercises, electronic files, etc.) regardless of the start date of the class. OR after 12am of the first day of the workshop. No Exceptions.
- Credit Option: If a registrant cannot attend a workshop but the refund period has passed they can use their payment as credit towards a current or future workshop. Please use the contact us form to let us know about your request and to receive further information.
GIS-EC is self-supporting and all costs are covered through registration fees. In the event of cancellation or changes of times and dates, we will attempt to notify you at least two business days before the workshop begins.
Desktop software licenses are provided by Esri but distributed by the program. The GIS-EC is not responsible for issues with a license code and students will need to contact Esri support to resolve an issue they are experiencing with the license code they received. In most cases, the license code is "locked" and Esri support can assist with unlocking the license so that the software can be "authorized" on the host machine. The GIS-EC will not issue a new license code unless we receive written notification from Esri regarding a faulty key code. A lost key code, or any other request for a new key code, will not be granted.
Students who are given access to Esri online products (i.e. ArcGIS Online for Organizations) may have their account access to these products disabled or terminated at any time. The program will make an effort to notify students of their account status changing.
GIS-EC reserves the right to change class locations, schedules, fees, instructors when necessary.
Please no audio or video tape recording during classes without prior permission from the instructor. GIS-EC is pleased to welcome and admit students of any race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin to all classes.
Lab policies may vary; please be respectful of all equipment.
Our classrooms can sometimes be too warm or cool. For your comfort, we recommend that you dress in layers or bring a light jacket with you to class.
Students with Disabilities:
Most of our facilities are designed to assist people with disabilities. Visit the CCSF Access Guide for more information. Please contact us if you require additional needs.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
GIS-EC's purpose for this ethics policy is to establish a culture of openness, trust and integrity. GIS-EC will not tolerate any wrongdoing at anytime. GIS-EC will take the appropriate measures act quickly in correcting the issue if the ethical code is broken. Any infractions of this code of ethics will not be tolerated.
Scope: This policy applies to employees, consultants, temporaries, and other workers at GIS-EC, including all users of the GIS-EC website located at www.ccsfgis.org.
Policy: Unethical Behavior: GIS-EC will avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions and communications. GIS-EC will not tolerate harassment or discrimination.
Enforcement: Any infractions of this code of ethics will not be tolerated and GIS-EC will act quickly in correcting the issue if the ethical code is broken. Any employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Terms: By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
The GIS Education Center reserves the right to edit, delete or alter any or all information on the website or submitted to the website. We may edit or delete your data without your notice or your permission as we see fit.
Links: GIS-EC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by GIS-EC of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.